Dale has been pursuing research and teaching in the areas of integrated assessment and ecological economics for two decades. He has held positions in the US, Canada, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom. His recent research has focused on the application of scenario analysis and other foresight tools to issues of sustainable development at multiple scales. He coordinated the scenario development for the fourth Global Environmental Outlook and has also been involved in more specific work on the impacts of climate change, the environmental Kuznets’ curve hypothesis, and sustainability indicators.
Dale is on the editorial board of the Journal of Integrative Environmental Sciences. He is a former editor of Ecological Economics an a former vice-president of The Integrated Assessment Society.
- Ph.D., Resource and Environmental Economics, Cornell University, 1993
- Other, Environmental Studies, University of Wisconsin, 1987
- BS, Earth Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1984
- Integrated Assessment Modelling Consortium
- International Society for Ecological Economics
- US Society for Ecological Economics
- The Integrated Assessment Society