Hinckley Ann Jones-Sanpei
Visiting Teaching Assistant Professor
What I do
Whether I am teaching or doing research, I focus on learning and sharing how diverse communities of people live together and share resources relatively peacefully.
and Program Evaluation, Ethics, Social Policy
Hinckley Jones-Sanpei has taught public policy at the graduate and undergraduate level for over fifteen years. She holds a Master's Degree in Public Administration and a Juris Doctorate, both from Brigham Young University (1998). She also holds a Doctorate in Public Policy from the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill (2006). Her teaching and research interests focus on social policy, program evaluation, and applied ethics in public policy.
- Ph.D., Public Policy, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, 2006
- JD, Law, Brigham Young University, 1998
- Master of Public Administration (MPA), Public Administration, Brigham Young University, 1998
- Society for Social Work Research
- Utah State Bar Association
- The Association for Public Policy Analysis and Management
My research in social policy involves applied ethics and program evaluation. Currently, I am exploring the application of an ethics of care framework to social policy decision-making, program evaluation, and intervention development and implementation.
Areas of Research