Transformational Voices: An Afternoon with Leading Global Thinkers
On March 6, 2014, the University of Denver's Josef Korbel School of International Studies and the Sié Chéou-Kang Center for International Security & Diplomacy hosted Transformational Voices: An Afternoon with Leading Global Thinkers. The speakers at the engaging afternoon included 6 of Foreign Policy magazine's 100 Leading Global Thinkers:
- Political scientist and Josef Korbel School associate professor, Erica Chenoweth
- Economics PhD candidate at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, Thomas Herndon
- Economics professor at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, Michael Ash
- Women's rights activist and founder of the Pakistan-based NGO Aware Girls, Saba Ismail
- Climate Scientist at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Stephanie Herring
- Documentary Film maker at UTL Productions LLC, Steve Elkins
"The Josef Korbel School of International Studies and the Sié Center were honored to have the opportunity to showcase the work of this distinguished group of thought leaders," said Dean Hill. "We're particularly excited that one of our own, Associate Professor Erica Chenoweth, took part in this event and was named one of Foreign Policy's Leading Global Thinkers."
Throughout the three-session afternoon the speakers discussed a range of today's most pressing topics. These included climate change, economic and political volatility, women's empowerment in the Muslim world, and the ways that technology allows us to document our stories.